Terms and conditions- Uganda Marathon Adventure Bookings
The Uganda International Marathon is an event organised by Uganda NGO and company limited by guarantee “The Masaka Marathon”. All bookings falling under the remit of the EU Package Travel Regulations 1992 are insured, financially bonded and protected by Inspired Escapes, a London–based tour company. All other bookings are made directly with “The Masaka Marathon” in Uganda.
The terms and conditions of your booking can be found on their website here
Terms and conditions – Extension Bookings
All extention tours that operate in conjunction with The Uganda Marathon are booked through and operated via the Ugandan organisation The Masaka Marathon t/a The Uganda International Marathon. These terms and conditions set out the agreement made between The Masaka Marathon (Us), and You, the customer who purchases a tour.
The registered address of The Masaka Marathon, in Uganda is:
1. Subject of Contact
1.1 The Masaka Marathon undertakes to render to you a package of services (hereinafter referred to as “Tour”) with details specified in the Extensions Brochure. Accommodations and standards are listed in the brochure and are to be kept in accordance with.
1.2 Due to the nature of the travel that involves taking tour groups to remote and rural areas of Uganda, you are forewarned that in certain instances choice of food, facilities, and services can be limited. Weather, the state of roads and the isolated location may have an impact on the itinerary. We endeavour to ensure that all facilities, food, and services provided will remain clean and decent and any unforeseen instances are handled with efficiency and in a timely manner to minimise any impact on the Tour and inconvenience caused to you.
1.3 Viability of The Tour is considered viable in the event that 4 or more people confirm their involvement.
1.4 Confirmation of an individual on the Tour is accepted at the time that they provide a clear scanned copy of information page of passport, the passport should be valid for 6 months after the Tour has concluded, any dietary requirements and other information referring to the clients that is important in order for us to provide the services of the Tour.
1.5 In the unlikely circumstance that a hotel will not be able to accommodate you in the rooms as outlined in the contract, a room of the same or of higher standard will be offered to the client at no additional cost to you.
1.6 We require a copy of each of your travel and medical insurance prior to the commencement of the Tour.
2. Cost and Payment
2.1 The cost of the Tour is as outlined in the Extensions Brochure
2.2 Prices are quoted and payable in GB Pounds Sterling and include all taxes incurred for the purposes of the Tour. Any bank charges, transaction fees and foreign exchange fees associated with the payment are to be incurred by you.
2.3 Prices are fixed. In the unlikely event that there is a change in the pricing, this will be communicated in a timely manner and agreed in writing between both parties.
2.4 Payment terms – Before you are confirmed for your extension, we require a financial deposit equal to half the total value of your extension. The outstanding balance is then due by 60 days prior to the tour commencing.
2.5 You will be reimbursed for any aspect of the Tour which is not rendered under clause 1.2. This excludes services not rendered to clients at their express request, which are included in the itinerary
2.6 Refund terms – in the event that you are no longer able to travel, we should be notified in writing with the below refund terms becoming applicable – referring to cost of Tour outlined in clause 2.1 and number of days prior to the commencement of the Tour. Refund will be made within 45 days of the conclusion of the tour by us.
2.6.1 90 days or more: 70% of cost of Tour
2.6.2 60 – 90 days: 50% of cost of Tour
2.6.3 30 – 60 days: 25% of cost of Tour
2.6.4 Less than 30 days: No refund possible
3. Rights and Obligations of Parties
3.1 We hereby undertake:
- To provide you with all necessary documents which confirm your status of a tourist and authorise you to be rendered with corresponding tourist services
- To render you with the tour services as outlined in this contract
- Before your arrival, to inform you about:
- general requirements to all necessary documents (passport), entry/exit visas, time of processing of documents. However, we are not responsible for entry/exit visa application and approval
- medical warnings against the trip including diseases, physical restrictions
- contact information for us as well as any representative of us that you will be in contact with during the Tour
- Tour information package expressing all details about the Tour including itinerary, accommodation, tour guide, excursions etc.
- room allocation for the duration of the Tour
3.2 You hereby undertake:
- To make payment for the Tour in proper time in accordance with clause 2.4 of this contract
- To come to the place of meeting of the group in proper time
- To provide us with your correct information in a timely manner to ensure the successful confirmation with hotels and excursions
- To cover any expenses incurred by us prior to the trip in the eventuality of cancellation in the event that these expenses extend further to the non-refundable deposit as per clause 2.4.1
- To compensate us for any damages incurred to property by you
4. Liabilities and Liability Exemptions
4.1 In case of failure to execute this contract by us, you shall be entitled to claim for return of payments for non-rendered services provided that clause 3.2 is observed.
4.2 If you cannot travel due to unduly or untimely processed documents (issued visas), you are fully liable for all the expenses connected with travel and cancellation.
4.3 We accept no responsibility for the safety of luggage or persons, valuables and documents during the Tour under any circumstances.
4.4 We are not liable if you are prohibited by the responsible authorities or officials from entry or exit because of violation of legal order by said client, or other reasons which are beyond the scope of the responsibilities of us.
4.5 You are entitled to annul this contract prior to the commencement of travel however, refunds will be limited in line with clause 2.6. The notice of withdrawal must be completed in writing.
4.6 You will be released from penalties and cancellation clauses of the Tour in line with the timelines outlined under clause 2.6
4.7 In the event that the minimum number of clients is not obtained (4 individuals), you will not be held liable in any capacity. Notification of this should be received no later than 90 days prior to the Tour commencement date.
4.8 We shall not be responsible for inaccurate rendering of extra services (those which fall outside the agreed itinerary) however, endeavor to reduce the risk of such instances
4.9 We are not responsible for your travel and medical insurance. This responsibility will lie with you to ensure that you are sufficiently covered and proof of this insurance must be shared with G2U prior to the commencement of the Tour
5. Force Majeur
5.1 In case of force majeur when execution of the obligation is impossible, namely due to war, natural disaster, strikes, terrorist attacks, epidemics, revolutions and other acts of God which are beyond the control of either party, the parties will be exempted from liability for untimely execution of their obligations under with contract. The circumstances of the force majeur must be outlined in writing and the best course of action determined between the parties based on minimizing the impact on you as well as ensuring your safety.
6. Validity and Termination
6.1 The contract comes into force from the moment of payment of the booking deposit
6.2 The contract shall be considered terminated when its provisions are fully executed by the parties and by mutual agreement
6.3 Any party shall be entitled to amend or cancel the contract prior to the commencement of the Tour based on conditions outlined below, in line with clause 2.6:
6.3.1 Seriously deteriorated conditions of the Tour and modification of terms
6.3.2 Unforeseen increase in transportation fares
6.3.3 Increase in current tax rates, fees and other compulsory payments as well as adoption of new payments
6.3.4 Dramatic fluctuation of currencies exchange rates
Terms and conditions- Website & usage
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern Uganda Marathon’s relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term ‘Uganda Marathon’, or any variation thereof, ‘The Masaka Marathon’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is THE MASAKA MARATHON, PO Box 686, Masaka, Uganda. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Photos used have been accredited where possible. We acknowledge there may, through error, be some copyrighted images hosted on this site from time to time- we will remove these at the request of the copyright holder- please contact us on the contact form provided.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of Uganda.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an order, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Please note: if you register on the site to undertake the marathon using a Promotional Code from a third party, we will share the details supplied with the issuer of that code.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Uganda Marathon may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our SiteWe may need your information to display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer serviceInformation you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site featureTo send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emailsWe may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Your acceptance of these terms
This document was last updated on August 25, 2015